[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Monroe,La - EARS

  • From: "Michael & Linda Booker" <legatogsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gsdjm@xxxxxxxxxx>, "gsd list mail" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:06:44 -0500

> We have a wonderful group doing great work here. The Emergency Animal
Resue Service (EARS)

I cannot say enough about how wonderful EARS is!  I just returned home from
the Monroe shelter working with this group.  They are organized, mobilized,
and ready for anything.  People come from all over to volunteer with this
group.  They even have veterinary care.

This is a good time for everyone to think about disaster planning in your
own area.  Do you know how or if your city/town would care for animals in a
disaster emergency?  Who is in charge?  Believe me, you need somebody in
charge.  You need organization.  We are dealing with massive numbers of
animals and people from New Orleans and the surrounding area. They are
everywhere, but certainly concentrated within the state of Louisiana.

Linda
Legato German Shepherds
*and the Sch3 IPO3  CD RN Mini-Mal Wonder Dog*