[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mom accepting puppies = need help

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: wilkersonem@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:01:49 -0400 (EDT)

Try rubbing some peanut butter on their butts.   Or, a dab of honey or whatever
she likes.  Encourage her to lick them.

DO NOT LEAVE HER ALONE WITH HER PUPS.

Also, two tums (750mg tabs) at each meal.    Start her off with 4 right away.
 CalSorb is the best but you have to order that and you don;t have time.

Her calcium may be off ever so slightly and a blood test will not tell you much
unless it is way off.  You cannot harm her by using the oral calcium.  My moms
get tums at least twice per day until pups are completely weaned.

Are you sure ALL of the pups have been whelped?  Did you give an oxy clean-out
shot afterwards?

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd