[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Modifying GSD temperament

  • From: "Kate Syssoloff" <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:17:41 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

 =0D
I realize this is a dramatic step -- but this evaluation could be done as=
=0D
succinctly as this current "loose lead evaluation" which is, IMO, NOT a=0D
natural method of determining who exhibits correct GSD (not golden=0D
retriever) temperament, and I do not believe it is helping improve=0D
temperament in the breed.=0D
 =0D
Just some thoughts,=0D
 =0D
Kathaleen=0D
I like all that Kathaleen has touched on above but would add that 'baitin=
g'
dogs should be prohibited while in the ring during the temperament test.=20
And, would honestly prefer minimal baiting when it comes to ring and
obedience training as well.  Desire to please should be their only
motivation...  Treats to be given after excercise finished.=0D
=0D
Glad to see this subject.=0D
=0D
Kate=0D