[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Modifying GSD temperament

  • From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 15:25:07 -0600

Over many years, I have put the TC or TT on many dogs.  Not
once were they trained in any way & all of them passed (some
did better than others).   However, this title would mean absolutely
nothing to me if I had to do any training for it!

I also have to agree with you Sally.  I think that for many of the
exhibitors today,
the goal is to win - not necessarily to have the best animal but to win at
any cost
  to anyone else.

Sandy

At 02:10 PM 11/22/2009 -0600, you wrote:
>I t would seem to me that it is the owners and exhibitors of German
>Shepherds who could use some temperament modification. Over all there seems
>to be improvement on the inside of the ring but out side of the ring the
>audiences seems to be a bit sharp, aggressive and definitely close to being
>labeled dangerous
>
>It seems as though the fun has gone out of showing dogs for a lot of people
>and now they are focused only on winning at any cost and do not care about
>hurting others- a real shame
>

>Sally
>www.embroiderybysally.org

Sandra Kozub