[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mixed Breeds and AB Clubs

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 16:17:19 -0400

Hi All;
I have before on this listed spoken about Mix Breeds in performance events. As
the AKC Delegate for an AB Club, my Club was in
favor of this from the beginning for several reasons.

1) Our numbers in obedience and rally are very low and for us to continue to
offer these venue we need more entries. This is the first
     shows that we will have the mix breeds, so we will see if they increase
the numbers.

2) We felt that welcoming these folks into the sport would help to gain their
interest in purebreds and perhaps to help to recruit new
     members for the Club.

 3) But most important as Dog People we need to unite with all Dog Owners to
educate and protect the rights that HSUS and others are  trying to take away
from us. Remember that there is always strength in numbers and that these folks
love their dogs as much as
we love ours. If you all remember that AKC has changed their slogan to " We are
the dogs Champion" and this includes all dogs.

I would also like to tell Laura, that not all AB Clubs have a lot in their
accounts and are also struggling. It is a proven fact that the economy effects
entries and many Clubs, especially those in certain areas of the country have
entries down significantly this year.

My AB Club has cut expenses this year, by shopping tent companies, we have a
new one with a lock in price for 3 years, nicer tents
and quite a savings. We are also are lucky to have the Lab Speciality back and
Supported entries as these do help a great deal.

So please remember that we are all members of a very special group that are
called DOG LOVERS.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx