[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mistaken Identity

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:48:13 -0600

First off, I want to say I had a WONDERFUL time in NYC and at Westminster. It
was my second visit and my first with a dog and everything went very smooth
until the flight out yesterday where we had some glitches and an extended stay
at LaGuardia (an additional 3 hours)... It reminded me how much I hate flying
with dogs... However, all the dogs on the plane arrived home safe and sound (we
had 7 on the way out and 3 on the way back)...

Now... On to what I have been reading on the list. I fail to understand why it
is anyone's business about what other people are doing. Unless you know ALL the
specifics of what is going on, I suggest you not point fingers. I know of at
least ONE Dalmatian who was very sick at ringside (absolutely fine PRIOR to
that) and ended up at the ER vet in NJ that night. Dogs get nervous, just as
handlers do and this is a pretty scarey venue for even the bravest dogs. Dogs
also get sick stomachs from water changes, virus and just the stress of it all.
Argus, who has been everywhere, done everything was even a little "surprised"
by it all..

I am perfectly aware of what goes on at dog shows and I know what can and is
done to the dogs, but unless you have specific proof of something, it really
isn't your business.

Unfortunately, we would like to think every one has the same ethics we do, and
MOST people do - so lets give most people the benefit of the doubt - not
everyone in this game is evil or unethical.

And to be quite fair, anything that is going on at shows now, was going on at
shows 30-40 years ago too and goes on in every other sports venue. I understand
it isn't "right", but people need to start taking care of their own little
world verses worrying about everyone else.

BTW: at the Garden, there isn't a huge amount of privacy and sometimes, you
have to bite the bullet and do what you gotta do..

JMHO and I know most won't agree..

Back to work and clean the crap off my desk!

Jessica MacMillan
No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC