[ SHOWGSD-L ] Missouri Part Two -Alert! Immediate Action Needed!!

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:05:33 -0700

From: Karen Strange
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 9:30 AM
Subject: Alert! Immediate Action Needed!!
Dear MoFed Members & Associates,

It is urgent that you call your Senator TODAY and ask him or her to VOTE
YES on
HJR 86!

This is the Constitutional Amendment that will help protect agriculture
and the
raising of domestic animals in the state of Missouri against future
ballot
initiatives by animal rights activists.

We have re-written the bill to require a two-thirds vote for ballot
initiatives
concerning agriculture and the raising of domestic animals, making it
more
difficult for animal rights activists to use emotion and propaganda to
promote
their agenda of ending animal ownership and enjoyment as well as food
sources
for agriculture.

It is urgent that you call your Senator NOW!!!! We must pass this
important
piece of legislation! If passed by the Senate, it will by-pass the
governor and
we do not need to gather signatures. It will go straight to the ballot
for the
people to decide.

Animal rights activists are swarming like bees in light of their
signatures
turned in yesterday for the ballot initiative in November. The lawsuit
is still
pending, and the issue CANNOT go on the ballot until a decision is made
in court
concerning our lawsuit. They have issued alerts for their activist
friends to
call the legislature to block HJR 86, making untrue claims as usual!!!

It is vital we pass this!! Keep in mind that HJR 86 is a Constitutional
Amendment and is the most important piece of legislation we have worked
on in
the last twenty years!

PLEASE CALL YOUR SENATOR NOW AND ASK HIM OR HER TO VOTE YES ON HJR
86!!!!!