[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Missing teeth list?

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "caggra@xxxxxxx" <caggra@xxxxxxx>, cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, myjoygs@xxxxxxx, edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, GSDLady28@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:38:07 -0600

Well here is the problem. Having had a high profile dog in time you will
usually have experienced most problems. Since it is a patriarch society,
the dog gets the credit and the blame. However there are bitches who are
also bred to a variety of dogs who too produce and inordinate number of
problems.Unfortunately they are not as readily identified. There are also
times that a bitch bred to a dog is just simply the breeding from Hell and
is not a reflection on either the dog or the bitch and bred to other
animals they produce very few issues. Again..the key words is "inordinate
numbers" If a dog or bitch produces a certain undesirable trait be it poor
temperament, missing teeth, or even poor shoulders, or a lack of good sex
characteristics, soft ears,whatever, with a great number of bitches/ or
dogs form a variety of different lines then there is reason for
concern.Before long, if you don't sit up and take notice, then what once
was a minor issue becomes a serious issue and those undesirable traits
become difficult to irradicate.To me breeding is a balancing act. There are
certain things I won't take risks on and on the other hand there are
certain problems I might attempt to work around. Example: I might breed to
a dog with a mild or borderline hip, if my bitch is ofa and preferably  her
sire and dam also ofa..however, I never take a chance with poor
temperament. That is just my feeling, thus far it has worked out pretty
well.. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

<Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>; <GSDLady28@xxxxxxx>; <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 3/2/2007 12:05:41 PM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Missing teeth list?
>
> I see your point D.D.  However, if I bred to Stud Dog A and had progeny
with missing teeth, I don't think there is any discrediting going on.  Just
reporting facts if this is indeed a gene needed from BOTH sides as has been
determined by Cornell Univ.   If someone were to give false information
purposely then they could get into big trouble and even be held liable for
lost stud fees, right?
> My point is that I don't think many people would make it up that they
bred to Stud Dog A and got missing teeth or a bad bite.

> I think a database of stud dogs that produce traits such as bites, teeth,
testicles, coats, etc. could only improve our lines.
> JMO,
> Jeff Pyle

ANY
> > MANNER
> > OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION
> > OF ALL
> > PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS
> > VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.
> >
> > For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

> > Ann , Home of Sel Ex Ch Mechanical Bull and #1 Dam I've Got It All ROM
> > Breeder-Owner of 62 Champions and 18 ROMs
> > www.edangsd.com

> > POST is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the
> > original
> > author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any
> > kind
> > are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of
the
> > Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> > MANNER
> > OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION
> > OF ALL
> > PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS
> > VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.
> >
> > For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

> > AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free
> > from AOL at AOL.com.

> > POST is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the
> > original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
> > FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
> > original author  AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> > MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> > FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL
> > BE PROSECUTED.
> >
> > For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

original
kind
> are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

MANNER
> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL
> PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A