[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Missing Whippet

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:59:57 EST

An escaped whippet isn't easy to catch!  A friend's whippet  slipped
a collar at one of our shows several years ago and bolted from
her handler.  Our fairgrounds is surrounded by 40 acres of  fields
and the whippet charged into an unmowed field.  My truck  was
loaded and I was heading for home when the chase went by, so
I told the exhausted owner to jump in and we followed the
occassional sight of a head bouncing up until we got close
enough for her owner to call her.  My friend was screaming
hysterically the whole time, and my dogs in the back seat
were giving me some really strange looks for inviting this
crazy person into our truck, lol!

I sure hope they find this little girl quickly!  I can only
imagine how sick they must all be feeling.

Janice

In a message dated 2/16/2006 11:21:48 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I just  read on Google News that a Whippet escaped from her crate at N.Y's
JFK  Airport. "Vivi" was on her way home from the Westminster show, where she
was  awarded an Award of Merit, and she escaped from Delta airlines.
They are  looking for her now. Geez, I bet she can really run. I hope they
find  her.

Bonnie