[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mirror Method of dog training

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 13:16:34 EST

when the girl was being interviewed. she mentioned that they use  clicker
training.  actually, clicker training is MUCH easier than the old  forceful
methods - it's a quick, happy and very upbeat method.  the only  difficulty i
had when learning to do it was getting my timing right and timing  is the
whole key to success with the method.  once i got that problem  solved, it
became THE most enjoyable way to train - always successful, always a  happy
working dog!
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com

In a message dated 11/22/2009 9:41:17 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I don't  speak Hungarian anymore, but, I do still love to cook with
Paprika!!

This is a good, basic explanation of the psychology to be  used in training
dogs, but, probably not in depth enough for many to fully  grasp and
understand.  A major downside would be that it isn't as easy as  the forced
training methods we have been using for too many years.    JMHO, of course.  No
flaming, please!!

Paula, 327 days and  counting

P.S. How many of us remember where we were 46 years ago this  morning?