[ SHOWGSD-L ] Minnesota: SF2292/HF2469-SIX! intact for Inspection and Licensing!

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:05:21 EST

Permission to crosspost.
Please help kill the MN Breeder Bill
    Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:20 pm (PST)
    Animal Rights is calling their representatives saying we need this
    bill and that responsible breeders support it! Not!
    MOST legislators I spoke with said they had not heard breeders' were
    AGAINST THIS! One senator had only 2 negatives and mostly 'we need
    this bill!'

    MN owners of 6 intact animals will have to pay a fee estimated at
    $900 per year...to be inspected by a designated force which could be
    HSUS! This affects all mushers, show people, and animal lovers!

    This bill is not related to breeding or numbers of litters....just 6
    intact animals.

    SF2292/HF2469 are companion bills originally set to 'stop' puppy
    mills. Half of the bill has been dropped, making it ineffective to
    help raise standards for commercial breeders. Even Mike Fry of Animal
    Ark commented against it saying it does not help so is now against
    this bill.

    Historically legislation can be amended to cover LESS animals...the
    goal of Animal Rights is to make breeding illegal. This is part of
    that!

    I have case law (just ask) that shows a 35 year support BY LAW of NOT
    coming into our homes, so we do not want them to start now. Searching
    the legal breeders will NOT help the poor puppies and kittens this is
    supposed to help.

    Actually, this bill is now ineffective for puppy mills. Cruelty
    ordinances and USDA cover them....BUT THIS BILL HURTS US!

    My info is the fiscal report is half a million to put this in place.
    It requires small breeders to be inspected annually. This $900 per
    person is to be used to fund this inspection,but that is just an
    estimate...another estimate she said was $2500 per household. PER
    YEAR.

    This bill would create hiding of the real problem breeders,who will
    never pay that inspection fee, and will create a larger pool
    of 'illegal' dogs, who may not be vaccinated for rabies. That is a
    public health threat!

    Top AKC breeders will be inspected as we cannot hide. BUT the price
    of purebred dogs will go up for everyone. That hurts MN breeders who
    face an advantage from outstate breeders. Many breeders will simply
    decide not to breed.

    It is the MOST dedicated show people who have 6 intact dogs....3 of
    mine are veterans, yet count in that '6.'

    SAVE PUREBRED DOGS; VOTE NO on SF2292/HF2469

    SF2292/HF2469 also violates the breeder's 14th Amendment rights.

    It's also punitive, expecting breeders to pay for the crimes
    of 'puppy mills.'

    Write OBJECT to SF2292/HF2469 to the following members of the
    Agricultural committee which will probably hear this in the next few
    days.

    YOU MUST PUT YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS IN THE EMAIL IF YOU ARE FROM MN -
    THEY NEED TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE IF YOU ARE TO LEGITIMATELY OBJECT TO
    THIS BILL.

    Call and or EMAIL NOW!

    Al Juhnke (DFL) 13B
    (651) 296-6206

    E-mail: rep.al.juhnke@xxxxxxxx

    Mary Ellen Otremba (DFL) 11B
    (651) 296-3201
    (800) 709-0796
    E-mail: rep.maryellen.otremba@xxxxxxxx

    Assistant Majority Leader
    Frank Moe (DFL) 04A
    (651) 296-5516
    (877) 838-5537
    E-mail: rep.frank.moe@xxxxxxxx

    Chair: Senator Jim Vickerman DFL District 22
    651.296.5968 (other number I got 651 296 5650)
    Link to his email
    http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/members/member_bio.php?
    mem_id=1065&ls=85

    Senator Sharon L. Erickson Ropes DFL District 31
    651.296.5649
    sen.sharon.erickson.ropes@xxxxxxxxx

    Senator Steve Dille R District 18
    651.296.4131
    sen.steve.dille@xxxxxxxxx

    Senator Satveer S. Chaudhary DFL District 50
    651.296.4334
    sen.satveer.chaudhary@xxxxxxxxx

    Senator Joe Gimse R District 13
    651.296.3826
    sen.joe.gimse@xxxxxxxxx

    Senator David W. Hann R District 42
    651.296.1749
    Email link
    http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/members/member_bio.php?
    mem_id=1016&ls=85

    Senator Bill G Ingebrigtsen R District 11
    651.297.8063
    sen.bill.ingebrigtsen@xxxxxxxxx

    Senator Paul E. Koering R District 12
    651.296.4875
    sen.paul.koering@xxxxxxxxx

    Senator Gary W. Kubly DFL District 20
    651.296.5094
    sen.gary.kubly@xxxxxxxxx

    Senator Keith Langseth DFL District 09
    651.296.3205
    Email link
    http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/members/member_bio.php?
    mem_id=1029&ls=85

    Senator Tony Lourey DFL District 08
    651.296.0293
    sen.tony.lourey@xxxxxxxxx

    Senator Steve Murphy DFL District 28
    651.296.4264
    Email link
    http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/members/member_bio.php?
    mem_id=1040&ls=85

    Senator Rod Skoe DFL District 02
    651.296.4196
    sen.rod.skoe@xxxxxxxxx
    Email link
    http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/members/member_bio.php?
    mem_id=1059&ls=85

    Senator Dan Skogen DFL District 10
    651.296.5655
    sen.dan.skogen@xxxxxxxxx

    Senator Betsy L. Wergin R District 16
    651.296.8075
    sen.betsy.wergin@xxxxxxxxx

    PLEASE HELP SAVE PUREBRED DOGS IN MN

    Anyone who wants addresses, just email me.

    Permission to crosspost.

    Suzie @ Hawkwind

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)