[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Minimum Bid

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:00:55 EDT

Charity auctions happen all the time around here.

The party donating the good/service gets free advertising and maybe a tax
write off.

The bidder gets a bargain (usually) and if the fee is paid directly to the
charity, a write off.  If the cost of the item is close to what it would be
w/o the auction, unless your realllyyy, realllyyy wanted it and it was one of a

kind (art?)...why bid?  That's like e-bay...things sometimes sell for above
fair market and I just have to wonder...but that's besides the point.

The charity gets the $$$$s.

I usually come home w/ stuff I didn't want or need <G>.

Basically the scheme w/ the stud dogs, you're asking the stud dog owner to
donate a few hours of time. The dogs "work" for free...at least mine do,  lol.

It can work.  I wouldn't put a reserve though.

 And I haven't been to the site, but I'm sure the stud dog owner has  the
right to say "to approved bitches only".

And...I hope someone thought of what happens if there are no puppies.   I
'sorta think with this, the onus would be for the bitch owner to bring a
fertile
bitch at the right time.  (I know, that can be saying a  lot!!!!)

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 3/24/2009 6:10:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Let's see if I understand this.  The bitch owner  wants a deal and a
> bargain. The stud owner still has to do the same  amount of work and effort
> to do either a natural breeding or run  their dog to a repro vet to do a
> collection (that's a minimum of 4  hours of time for me) AND a portion of
> their stud fee is donated to  the cause.
>
> Assuming a bitch owner is going to breed their  bitch and incur a stud fee
> anyway, what is the bitch owner  contributing to the cause?
>
> I guess I don't understand the  "what's in it for me" mentality when the
> entire idea is to help  others in dire need.
>
> Melissa.....a bitch owner and a stud  owner
> www.melanashepherds.com

POST  is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220085203x1201389322/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)