[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Military Working Dogs/The love of our dogs (Ed/Penny & more)

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 18:06:48 -0700

What awesome stories Ed & Penny. I know there's a million more stories out
there to share. Why do most dogs just totally own our hearts? When my
husband, Joe's GSD Lobo left for the "Bridge" it was one of our worse days
ever for the both of us. Even though we got to keep Lobo for a little over
thirteen years it's still not long enough. I bred Lobo. The day he was born
out of five males & two females Joe said, "That's the one I want for myself!
I'll name him Lobo." Joe was anxiously sitting at the end of our living room
as the puppies were born. Lobo was first born. He was the only puppy that
had the large head of a wolf cub & was very deserving of the name. Joe &
Lobo did everything together. In & out of the show ring they were the best
together. I was always so proud of them each time they came home with those
blue ribbons. I've been married to Joe for forty-six years. I've never saw
Joe cry like he did when he said goodbye to Lobo. Another sad day when Joe
said, "I never want to hurt like that ever again!" A person with such a
wonderful had/heart with GSDs never wanted another dog. That really hurt to
hear. Our dogs always take a piece of our hearts when they leave. We hope
that part of the heart will eventually recover in time. I've been through
this many times now, & probably more to come because I like the abuse [sigh]
But, some times broken-hearts don't heal. I will hear Joe often call my boy,
Koda by Lobo's name. He doesn't hear himself most times. I don't say
anything. Koda comes to both names now...;o) And I've seen Koda make Joe
smile many times. I know, not the same but any smile is worth its weight in
gold when it comes from a dog.

Kathy Sater-Partch "JoKay's"