[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Military Dogs

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:36:14 -0500

It passed the Senate last week...but it isn't final..  It still has to make
its way through both the House and Senate  Committees, where differences
between the two bills (House and Senate) will be resolved.  The calendar is
working against them, since the new Congress will meet on January 3; all
bills not passed before that date will die and have to be reintroduced.
Current thinking is that a final defense bill will go to both the House and
Senate for passage before that date.  For the past 50 years, the Defense
Authorization bills have always passed, tho, so it looks good.

Peggy