[ SHOWGSD-L ] Might be a good idea, or might not

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:41:43 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/05 11:34:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Gsdman2@xxxxxxx writes:
Decide a  minimum number of candidates that does not leave the slate too
limited,  take petitions first, then let the committee fill whatever is left
with
their own nominations.  If there is concern that there isn't enough  time,
then
start the process earlier.  The same could work with  national judges.  If
the
membership wants first shot at nominating,  they should get that.  If the
membership doesn't care enough to fill  the slate, then they have no right to
complain when someone does the  nominations for them.

Might not this come under the provision of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix
it?"   I am not sure changing things just to change them is a good  idea.  I
would like to know how many people are elected from the board's  slate vs. how
many are who ran by petition?

I know it sound good to say those nominated have an advantage, but I am not
sure that is true.  It might be a disadvantage.

I remember one year when the nominating committee nominated all new people,
letting those who wanted to run for another term, to do so by petition. I
think  those already in office who ran were all re-elected.

We do need to find out if there is a problem before we try to change the
system. That is how they got a rabbit problem in Australia, a cudju problem in
the South, and a Co Ho problem in Lake Michigan.  Also, remember what  happened
when they decided to let women vote.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together