[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Might as well laugh

  • From: Penny & Bill <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:25:51 -0400

I remember back in the day (the 70s) that the food that MANY of us fed
was Kennel Biscuit (sp?).  The young and the old were fed the same
thing.  Dogs lived to be 14+ years of age and there didn't seem to be
the problems that we have now.  (Of course, environmentally speaking,
we ARE a very "polluted" society.)  Now there are specialized foods of
every kind:  for puppies, active dogs, inactive dogs, senior dogs.
There are vegetarian dog foods, grain dog foods, grain-free dog foods,
beef, chicken, lamb, bison, rabbit, venison, you-name-it kinds of dog
foods.  There is canned.  There is raw of varying types.  So why be
surprised about a "weight loss" kit?  (Next we'll probably see
Weightwatchers for dogs.  LOL)  JQ Public will buy into it, most likely.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog

When I was in the store last week I saw Science Diet now has a weight
loss
kit for dogs....really??????

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC