[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mid Pacific Futurity Brag June 30, 2006

  • From: "Peter Cacioppo" <PeterCacioppo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org old list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 18:25:58 -0700

Would like to place a brag about our puppies.
Friday, June 30, 2006 our "Cab" received the designation of Reserve Futurity
Dog at the Mid Pacific California Futurity, from the Teenage Class.
He is Eagle Hill's Cabernet Sauvignon (Multiple Select Ch. Pinebuck's Kidd
Carson, ROM out of Eagle Hill's Sail Ahead, OFA Excellent and Elbows).  This
year Eagle Hill showed four puppies in Futurities out of our May 5, 2005
litter.  Eagle Hill's Chianti took 3rd Place wood Friday; Eagle Hill's
Zinfandel and Eagle Hill's Petite Syrah both took 2nd Place wood in their
April Southern Pacific Arizona Futurity.
"Cab" was trained by Karen Taylor and shown by Jerry Guzman.
While we had various futurity woods over our last 8 years of confirmation
showing including a few first place woods, this is the first time we have
had a dog qualify to go to the National to compete in the Futurity.  It has
been a long journey; we have tried to build on our bitch line; all 7 puppies
are very healthy (including we took 5 of them to OFA at 7 months and they
all prelimed OFA Good and Elbows) and we feel maybe (perhaps) we are
possibly getting the hang of this very tough sport.

Peter and Rhonda Cacioppo...Eagle Hill, Moraga, CA
www.members.tripod.com/EagleGSD
Eagle Hill Vineyards and Winery, German Shepherds and Belted Galloway cattle