[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mid Pacific Futurity

  • From: "Kris Christian" <Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:51:34 -0700

Hi All,
=20
Wow!!! What a thrill and an honor to have Josie be awarded BIF in =
Sacramento!!!
=20
Thank you Sheree Moses for pointing her way 3 times on Friday! And for =
this to happen in my old hometown with so many friends there cheering =
her on was a priceless experience!!! Bobbie I have gotten over the =
nausea now...but am still not quite walking on the ground.
=20
Avion Josephine of Pioneer Acres has started her career off well. Her =
first time in the ring Kathy Martin awarded her BOSP at the GSDC of =
Greater Eugene Specialty Match, her second time Chris Walkowitz awarded =
her a first, her third time (at the Canadian National) Fran Ford awarded =
2nd junior bitch, and her fourth time (at the US National) Robert Kish =
awarded her 1st 6-9 month bitch. And now BIF under Sheree Moses at the =
Mid Pacific Futurity!!! Wa Hoo!!!
=20
Of course Josie didn't just materialize at my home...
=20
Her father, American and Canadian Champion Avion Braeburn OFA H&E, came =
from Claire and Ed Drosdick, Avion Kennels, in Seattle. Brae is the =
result of breeding a Bull Durham son to a Rollins daughter with some =
Mastercharge and Bold Ruler thrown in for good measure. Ed and Claire =
are Josie's co-owners with my wife, Jennifer Christian and me, Kris. =
Josie is the 6th generation of their breeding program. Brae has been =
bred twice so far to produce litters for showing.
=20
Her mother, American Champion Vanderwerth Liv Tyler of Witmer OFA H&E, =
came from Susan Witmer and Bob Van Winkle's breeding program going back =
too many generations for me to count...:  )  They are Josie's =
co-breeders with me. Josie is the XX generation of their breeding =
program. Liv helped put her dad, CH Andre Segovia, over the top in =
achieving his ROM. Liv's dam goes back to GV Sierra's litter sister and =
Kansten's Jim Dandy. This was Liv's first litter and I am excited to see =
what else she will produce!
=20
Eric Norby (handling) and Joan Intersimone (training and conditioning) =
finished both parent's championships in 2006. They also recently =
finished a half brother to Josie, Champion DCT-Tebe Nobe Me & Bobby =
McGee, in high style with 5point and 4 point majors in California and =
Colorado. Bob did quite well under Sheree as well (in the Maturity) and =
we got to take a photo with both of them and a couple very nice ribbons. =
There is a litermate to Josie who is scheduled to appear later with Eric =
on lead.He already has put a major reserve on Bob's sister, Lil. My =
gratitude to them for all they have done already and continue to do!!!
=20
Jeff Pyle will also appear later with another littermate. Al Phillips, =
my co-owner, and I are quite excited to begin her career!!! Jeff is a =
happy guy this weekend as you have seen by the show results coming in =
from Sacramento and he is doing a great job for Terry and Larry Rock and =
Bob Braue!!!
=20
Jodi Belanger and Jack Kilgore have been doing a terrific job with =
Josie!!! Jack was on the lead for the first shows and Jodi managed all =
her training and conditioning. The results speak for themselves!!! Now =
it was Jodi's turn at the true pressure event (the FUTURITY) to be on =
the lead...having achieved so much in the fall how would the 14 month =
old alpha bitch do for her with Ed, Claire, Jennifer, our three boys, =
and me all hiding around the ring??? THANK YOU JODI!!! SUPER JOB!!! We =
are looking forward to the upcoming shows this spring with your superb =
handling of Josie!!! BTW your advice about putting up a visual barrier  =
between Braeburn and Josie's brother, Wheeler, to stop the fence running =
and barking...WORKED IMMEDIATELY!!! You understand how dogs think.
=20
So the information that got posted to the list about the BIF at the 2008 =
Mid Pacific under Sheree Moses should have read:
=20
Avion Josephine of Pioneer Acres
=20
Sire: American and Canadian Champion Avion Braeburn OFA H&E
Dam: American Champion Vanderwerth Liv Tyler of Witmer OFA H&E
=20
Breeders: Kris Christian, Susan Witmer, Robert Van Winkle
Owners: Ed and Claire Drosdick, Kris and Jennifer Christian
=20
One final note...Friday was Sheree's birthday and the ringside sang to =
her with Bill Peterson presenting a birthday cake. It was also my son =
Garrison's 5th birthday and the restaurant crowd sang to him that night =
as we celebrated. Today is Claire Drosdick and my birthday...we share =
both a love of german shepherds and a day to celebrate them!=20
=20
Looking forward to seeing you ringside soon!
=20
Kris Christian
Pioneer Acres