[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Microchip question

  • From: "Liz" <RockyLizard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <barbmarkh@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:18:38 -0600

Just this past week I attended a presentation by the local Humane Society
(NOT affiliated with HSUS).  During that presentation the HS employee said
that a lot of the older chips do migrate--she said she had one where the
chip ended up at her dog's elbow.

She said now, any dog that comes in to the shelter gets a FULL BODY scan,
not just between the shoulder blades.

She said the newer chips now have microscopic "barbs" that keep them in
place for the most part.

She also said they have had a lot of problems with Home Again, so they
switched back to AVID chips.

Just FYI...

Liz in Utah