[ SHOWGSD-L ] Michigan Brags, sportmanship etc.

  • From: "Caggra@xxxxxxx" <caggra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:34:02 -0500

What a great time at the Novi, Michigan shows this weekend.  My faith in dog
show sportmanship has been renued!  :)     Exhibitors and handlers were
clapping for each others dogs, even in classes where they had an entry.  People
seemed genuinely happy for each other and everyone helped each other groom and
hold dogs and get things done.  It was truly a great weekend in that regard.
I had multiple people - handlers & exhibitors from other breeds and some
non-dog show spectators comment on the camaraderie.   I believe this is our
best chance at reversing the declining entries and getting more people involved
in showing.   People need to let go of their egos and enjoy each other and
their dogs.  Then, just maybe, others will follow suit and we will become
attractive to outsiders again.   JMO....

A couple of brags to add as well.   On Saturday Windfall's Emancipation of Mimi
"Mariah" was awarded Winner's Bitch and Best Opp Sex over specials for her
first points.  Mariah is a littermate to Ch. "Rihanna" and National RWD "Year
of the Gentleman" also known as Ne-Yo.   Mariah's been waiting patiently for
her opportunity to be a show dog and well, now she's ready.   Thank you to Jeff
Vander kooi who showed Mariah for me, as she loves me too much for me to show.
I co-own Mariah with Steve and Christine Grainger who raised her for much of
her adolesence.  Mariah is sired by Ch. Cade of Fran-Jo, out of Joelle's
Golddigger of Jeseffan and her breeders are myself, Sean Bragg, Lena Bogdanich
and Beverly Pyle-Scofield.

On Sunday, Mariah was awarded reserve and her sister Ch.Good Girl Gone Bad of
Windfall "Rihanna" went Best of Breed in lovely competition.  Rihanna is owned
by Denise Fox, Joyce Willis and myself.

Another little brag....  From the repeat of the above dogs is Windfall's Sexy
Chick v Winstrom "Elle" owned by Jeff & Jami Vander kooi.   Elle is just a baby
(she was 3rd 9-12 bitch at the National), but we put her up in Am Bred with the
big girls and she didn't disappoint, winning the Am Bred bitch class both days.

Thanks for reading..........
Jeff
Windfall