[ SHOWGSD-L ] Michael Vick, you won't like this!

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:21:56 -0800 (PST)

    Vick received 23 months in federal prison, many think he got off too light,
I think he perhaps got more than he would have, had he not been
"Famous"....make no mistake about it, the feds went after Mr. Vick and they
"Got" him....my question is who else has the federal government went after for
dog fighting, it would be my guess that this is still going on just as it
always has before. Don't fool yourself, the Feds were more interested in
bringing in a Big Fish ( Mr. Vick) then they were about stopping dog-fighting.
Having been involved in the criminal justice system for 28 years I have seen
some interesting things. Mr. Vick could do our cause more good by playing
football and donating big bucks to animal groups, vets, shelters etc. than he
can from sitting in jail for 23 months....the federal prosecutor was
recommending 12 to 18 months. In our system,... justice is supposed to be
balanced with mercy....but unlike many of you, I too have sinned in areas of my
 life...second chances work sometimes...I hope Mr. Vick gets a second chance
and I hope he returns to football....on a different subject, my bitch is not
responding much to the blood transfusions, she is still with the vet, my bill
is in the 4 figure area, tomorrow I will perhaps make a tough decision....but
Life is still good....Ed