[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mex to N.Calif - 15 more Meximutts Migrate Northward

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 06:52:32 -0400

YOU didn't say anything about MSN, etc Paula... they do.  The very same
people that scream about "over-population" and feel that every dog in this
country should be neutered and no breeding should be allowed are the ones
doing the importing.

Meanwhile some areas of THIS country are overwhelmed (such as the rural
south)... why don't they spend some of their time, money and effort
transporting dogs from those areas in this country to other areas where
there is a shortage?

The difference about the dogs being born here that aren't properly
vaccinated, and the ones from foreign countries is different diseases.  For
example, the report on screw worms that Stormy posted.  A condition which
has been eradicated in the Americas is now being reintroduced by animals
imported to this country from other areas.

Then there were the dogs imported that had rabies.  Rabies in dogs is
extremely rare in this country (it is mainly confined to bats, raccoons and
rats).

There are diseases in other countries we simply don't have here.

Ginger Cleary - Rome, GA www.rihadin.com <http://www.rihadin.com>
 "A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves." --Edward R. Murrow
GA Director RDOE
Member GSDCA
please help rescue... http://lasthopesafehaven.com/