[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mex to N.Calif - 15 more Meximutts Migrate Northward

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:07:07 -0400

That isn't the point, Paula.  The point is that the public is being told
that there are too many dogs in the United States shelters, and that it is
the fault of breeders.
  In actuality, there is no shortage of American bred dogs in shelters...the
truth is that some are not cute little fluffballs and not quite as
adoptable...but there is no shortage of American bred dogs in US Shelters.
When we are being legislated against as breeders, and having the millions of
dogs in shelters being blamed on ALL breeders, bringing in dogs from other
places sort of looks stupid......I'm sure nobody "doesn't care" about other
dogs...but with the current climate being so against us, it does seem a bit
ridiculous.
   Peggy