[ SHOWGSD-L ] Message to puppy Sellers!

  • From: "Robert Dir" <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <GSD0110@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:21:10 -0600

Folks--you are so responsible for those little guys that you bring into this
world!  Yes, it takes time to check all the prospective buyers out or do
home visits.  BUT PLEASE stop selling your babes to the first guy that comes
in answer to your ad in the Review or newspaper and agrees to the price.
Jane Kerner could elaborate on what she does with prospective buyers--very
extensive.  We have to stop taking the $$, giving the papers and send these
darlin things off to god knows what.
Did any of you see GSDs in terrible trouble (Amboy dogs for example) and
wonder if you bred them.  No you didn't sell them to Ms. Mccoy but she got
some really nice animals--they all did not come from someones backyard.  The
temperaments on ALL the GSDs and most of the Belgians (sp) were awesome.
The " so called dutch GSDs??? were very afraid of being blown dry--not a big
deal but they really were afraid.  I would afraid if I had lived like they
did.
I will no longer go on with the Amboy dog situation unless you want me to
and please send me a private email.
All I ask it that you all take care of who you sell to and if
shipping--please check these folks out--ask for a reference.   Sometimes
what seems to be a wonderful situation turns out to a a life of hell.
Please folks take care for your babes-. PLEASE.   Breeders are the only ones
that can try to help placing the little ones in a horrible situation.
NOW, likewise I feel your really close friends in dogs are probably the only
ones that can help you place a dog.  If they are referring--they must know
the people--hence if things are going bad--go back and get the darn dog!   I
hear a dog of mine that I bred was chained to a picknic table for serveral
days and no one saw his water being refilled.  I had several calls about
this in 18 hours.  FINE!     At 2:00AM--I stold the dog.  We got him cleaned
up and went out of state.  There was never a police report the dog was
stolen .