[ SHOWGSD-L ] Message from GSDC of Jackson, Ruth & Pat Booker

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:19:43 EDT

Ruth ask me to put this on the list for her, so here it is and that is her
message.
************************
Dear Lee:

Please pass this on for me.

I am very sorry that I have not had time to thank all of you who have called
concerned about our
welfare. We were lucky and were not hit.

I would like for you to know that we had many expenses for the show.  As you
know we have a
big buffet at ring side the evening of the specialty.  All of this food was
already prepared.  But I
think "most" of you will be happy to know that it served over 100 evacuees.
They thought the
GSD people were special.  It grieves me to know that some of you are so self
serving that you
have no compassion for those less fortunate.  There were no profits from this
show. Jeanne
Marcovitz, Pat and myself  have been working non stop at the evacuee animal
shelter here in
Monroe.  These people are in dire need....most have lost everything.  We have
been sending
supplies to those like Margaret Trahan, Greg Eschette and others who have
opened their homes
and have taken in lost animals and people.  The funds from the shows and
other funds from the
clubs treasury have gone toward this effort. Also, we have had many donations
from all breed
clubs, GSD clubs and other specialty clubs and rescue groups.  I hope you are
never in this
situation.  If any of you feel that your $23.00 is so important and that you
need it more than these
unfortunate people please e-mail me and we will try to take up a collection
for you.  Right now
we have put all of our money and efforts into helping people and their
animals put their lives
back together.  We have a family and their 7 dogs living with us and I guess
they will be here for
several months.  This is a small thing I can do...I feel so lucky that I have
my family, home and
animals all safe and sound.  I have always believed that what goes around
comes around.  We all
need to pray that Margaret has a good report.

As always,

Ruth Booker