[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mentors, Ha!

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:57:23 EST

In a message dated 12/17/04 4:35:38 PM, helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Moral, you are a mentor until something great arrives
and then when it does, you had nothing to do with it.
Memories of a Mentor
Helen Franklin   >>

That's a shame Helen, I'm sorry you had to deal with it.  However, your help
does not diminish your impact on the breed, either as a breeder or judge.

I have a beautiful picture of you with my first breed dog from The Triangle
from some years back.

I've been at two Nationals where you have judged, once as an emergency.
(1996, I think, or 97?)

I have NEVER forgotten my mentors, they are still my mentors today.  As I
have never bred a litter, whenever someone comments on my boys I immediately
tell
them who they were bred by, who they are out of, and that the only credit I
can take is driving them to shows.

Some of us NEVER forget, and in turn, we try to pass that love along to
someone WE can mentor.  When you truly love the breed and don't need the glory
that
is what you do.  (OH, yes, I like glory, very much!  But if I could have
another Christmas with one dog who opened ALL the presents, another who died
too
young, and so on, well the AKC can take it all back).

Best,

Kelly Busse
Wolfheart German Shepherds