[ SHOWGSD-L ] Memory ramblings....

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:41:28 -0400

I just came across an old Review I kept (April 1987) and it was 185
pages long!  Flipping through  the pages, I couldn't help notice what
great quality we had in the breed then.  Great stories and critiques
(remember when some judges did critiques of their class dogs) at
Specialty shows, not just the Nationals?   I always thought it was such
a great teaching tool.  Lots of pictures of Gail Sprock when she was a
handler and a great article she wrote called "A handler's viewpoint".
My own three page ad about my beautiful Xanadu acquiring her ROM.
There's a page of GV Ossippe Ceasar making his Canadian ROM.  Then
there's Dan Smith's black champion Audi, Nancy Harper's Sel. Ch.
Lothario and the great young Nestle's Quick before he was a champion.
There were many pictures of Henry Dancosse and his very young daughter,
Leslie.....just a kid learning how to become great!  There's Jimmy with
a full head of "DARK" hair.  LOL!  Men handlers wearing ties, especially
the ever fashionable Jerry Guzman.  Ralph and Mary Roberts had an ad in
every month.  Lot's of fun going down memory lane and reading some of
the articles that still hold true for today.  Great people........great
dogs.  Still alot of them around today.........people that is!  Makes
you thankful from where you've come from, and all these wonderful people
who travelled along with you all these years and are still using all
their blood, sweat and tears to continue a legacy that will last for
generations to come.  Best wishes,  Barbara Galasso