[ SHOWGSD-L ] Memories of DJD

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 14:28:06 -0400

Boy, it sure brings back the memories. I do remember the Slay puppies. And,
someone sent me the list of progeny from Dakota from the Futurities, and it was
amazing.

Marie took Slay to her home when we decided he should have a place of his own.
Marie did breed Slay, but always disclosed that he had a bad elbow. I miss
Slay, and Marie as well.

I can't forget Destiny, as she went Select in 82, (number two Select from
Winner's Bitch). I took her in the ring myself, and in front of me was Joan
Fox's great Grand Victrix, and behind me was Dave Rinke with the next year's
Grand Victrix. Can you imagine me in the ring with Dave running behind me.
The dust was so thick that we ran into a fog, and appeared on the other side of
the ring out of the dust. It was sawdust and sand bark. I think it was
supposed to be a horse arena.

Were we ever that young?

Evan