[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Memories

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 07:07:41 GMT

I met Evan when I was 30.  He taught me how to play Black Jack, Vegas-style.  I
am forever indebted to him.

My mother met Ali in Las Vegas, on an elevator.  She was very impressed with
his soft-spoken charm.  Dave Coleman, while a pilot for TWA, had him as a First
Class passenger a few times.

I, on the other hand, met Gordie Howe, touched Michael Landon on his back (he
was dressed as Little Joe and was wearing that wonderful green suede jacket),
and snuck back-stage for a Ricky Nelson concert and got caught and escorted out
when I accidentally tore down part of the curtain.  Oh, yes, I also have seen
Bill Medley in concert 29 times, either solo or as part of The Righteous
Brothers.

To keep this dog related, I held Reno while Connie maneuvered herself down a
broken staircase; I sat on a couch with double GV Mike; I was a guest in the
Buffalo home of Jim and Lucy (very many moons ago); I saw Tango and Caesar go
GV & GVx at my first National.

Ah, yes, memories!!

Paula, 322 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, AKC JAM/AOE, Intern'l & Am CH, Silver
Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047
(Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid),.1st male GSD Grand Champion. 2010 #1 GSD in
California, Lifetime #1 GSD in Michigan, 2010 #1 GSD male in USA (AKC GCH
Stats), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Invitee. 2010-2011-Lifetime AKC
Eukanuba invitee.