[ SHOWGSD-L ] Memories

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:46:04 -0500

More memories.
I have dogs from 3 breeders.? Two of the dogs go insane when they see their
breeders.? They get excited and even saying the name of this person will get
them happy.? These two dogs are now mature adults who have been with me for
years.? Boss loves Stormy so much that if I say her name, he gets all giddy.?
She can tell you how he is when he actually sees her.? Ask her about the nail
marks on her arms, LOL!

The other girl saw her breeder about a year after I got her.? She cringed and
went under a table to hide.? This girl is alpha and very confident in my pack.?
But, when she saw her breeder for the first time, she freaked.? The breeder
told me I better socialize her more.? Yeah, right, she had been going to shows
with me, doing obedience and was perfectly fine til she saw the breeder.? She
has gained the confidence over the years to deal with and ignore the breeder.?
That first meeting told me a lot.? I got her a 6mos of age.? Whatever happened
there, she remembered.? She has turned out to be the most awesome dog in the
World.? Miss Charm, 2004 Hero Dog, Good Will Ambassador.?

My puppies.? All the pups I have placed still remember me and get giddy when
they see me.? I hope that is always so.? It makes my heart feel good when the
pups?I whelped and took care in giving them good homes, remember me in a good
way.? They are happy to see me but they are devoted to their family.? That is
as it should be :-)

Laura Thomas?

So, more proof that dogs have memories that last a long time.?
http://mail.aol.com