[ SHOWGSD-L ] Memories

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: dir@xxxxxxxxxx, fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, noroda@xxxxxxxx, judsohngsd@xxxxxxx, triplea7@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 22:33:52 EDT

In a message dated 7/5/2007 5:58:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,  dir@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:
Tacoma  was always a mystery Grand Victor to me

I was standing outside the ring just before Specials began. I was  talking to
Takoma's owner. Since he was the son of one of our breedigs she asked  me if
I thought he might go Select this year, at last.  I said, "It was  possible,
no one knows who is going to win."

I enjoyed watching Betty put him to Grand Victor, and wondered why his sire
hadn't done it.  Or his Aunt who went number two Select, his sire who went
Select, (I think but am not sure), and his uncle who never got to be shown at
the National.

Not everyone knew that Champion Woodacre's Dakota was a littermate to
Champion Asgard's Destiny and Champion Asgard's Dakota. They were all  finished
by
16 months.   There was a third male who went to Saudi  Arabia.  I tried to buy
him back, and came close. But his owner loved him,  and I couldn't promise to
be able to get him back after showing him.  So we  decided to leave him where
he was.

Boy that seems a long time ago.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together