[ SHOWGSD-L ] Memorial Ads and Rescue

  • From: ropajagsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:32:14 -0400

Hi Fellow Listersâ?¦

As I was driving into work this morning I was thinkingâ?¦donâ??t laugh, when
you drive during rush hour in downtown Atlantaâ?¦there is a definite need to
have your mind occupied otherwise a severe case of road rage tends to overcome
you quite frequentlyâ?¦.

Here are my thoughtsâ?¦we have lost a lot of our two legged and four legged
friends especially in the last year or soâ?¦and I always noticed and donated to
some of the memorial ads for those who have changed worldsâ?¦Have you ever
considered instead of a Memorial Ad in the Review that we could have a memorial
donation in the name of the loved one to Dawnâ??s LAST HOPE Rescue Fundâ?¦I
know, that any excess funds that are collected when doing an ad sometimes
(maybe always?) is given to a charitable concernâ?¦BUT, given the great need
for funds to help those who still can be helpedâ?¦I PERSONALLY would rather
donate to Rescueâ?¦and it can be one of your own choosingâ?¦I mentioned LAST
HOPE simply because so many of our listers are involved in this particular
one�.I am not condemning the use of Memorial Ads�but  whenever someone
dies, people usually send flowers etc. BUT you will also notice that in some
cases, the families REQUEST donations to their specific charities in the name
of the loved one INSTEAD of flowers etcâ?¦so this in not a unique or weird or
thoughtless ideaâ?¦I really think this idea has merit as a way to help our
wonderful breed and to memorialize our loved ones.  I will say up front if I
die or one of my beloved GSDs die; do not donate to a memorial page for me or
themâ?¦an ad in the Review is niceâ?¦INSTEAD make whatever donation to LAST
HOPE in my/their memoryâ?¦at least that way I know that my death or the death
of my beloved GSDs will result in saving a life or stopping the pain of one of
precious GSDs and not just in a one time photo/text in a magazineâ?¦if it were
for meâ?¦my family would appreciate a donation to rescue more because they know
that is where my heart isâ?¦if it were my GSDsâ?¦DITTOâ?¦..Now I will get on my
flame retardant suitâ?¦because being a long time lister, I know that there are
some people who will have a problem with thisâ?¦but that is okâ?¦you to yours;
me to mine!â?¦Pauline

Pauline Moon

Ropaja German Shepherds
www.ropajagsd.com