[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Membership Roster

  • From: Donna Fefee <dlfefee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:55:42 -0400

> From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>:
>
> You are all right, of course.  Googling us, joining the PC... And the
> BarnDoor is open, anyway.

I wonder if it could be arranged or requested that this particular issue
not be available to non-members as a single issue.

The barn door may be open, but we do not have to personally lead our
cows out of the barn, through the gate, and into the other guy's pen.
I'd prefer to make the bad guys work for it, even if only a little bit.

Had I known about it, I would have given the PC my P.O. Box address and
a "throw-away" email address instead of one of the ones that I do try to
safeguard against spam.

Since having my eyes opened, I now use my P.O. Box address when I enter
shows (to be published in the catalogs), and, yeah, that's the one my
REGIONAL club has.  When our state's breeder bill came up last year,
because my name was out there as our club's legislative liaison, a
couple people did ask me to hand over my club roster (which I refused to
do).  I figured other people in my club might be getting similar
requests and might not see the harm in just handing the thing over.  I
thought about changing my address with the PC, but I wanted the Review
delivered to my house.  That'll teach me to be so lazy.

Donna Fefee