[ SHOWGSD-L ] Membership Changes

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:07:39 -0500

Hi All;
I have not been on the list for a while as I have been extremely busy with my
new job with Gordon Ramsay. I am sick over the
fact that Mr. Hunte was voted into membership of our club. If you all remember
when his application was first posted, I wrote that
is was time  the Board review and change are By Laws regarding eligibility for
membership, so that something such as this
will never happen again and to protect the inter grate of the Club.

This change needs to be done in the By Laws, so that it can not be changed with
out the majority approval of the membership in
good standing.

The By Laws for membership in the GSDCA need to read that an applicant must be
18 years of age, be in good standing with the
American Kennel Club, Be Sponsored by two current members in good standing
(this would have been easy for Mr. Hunte to get
with his friends) and that no one who sells puppies to wholesalers, brokers or
pet shops can be members.

We are one of the largest Parent Clubs, yet we have no requirements for
membership. The Labrador Club of America has very
stiff requirements, as do others. Also many AB and Speciality Clubs have such
requirements. It is time that this Board listens
to the members and revisits the requirements and put the changes out to the
membership as a change would require before
it is submitted to AKC to change the By Laws.

I know that many of the Board and Lew are on this list. So please lets do
something to regain the respect that this Breed and Club
so rightly deserves.

Cathy
Kelstar

Catherine Murch