[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Members have responsibilities too

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:19:32 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/2006 4:04:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Respectfully, Ileana, this list is not sponsored by nor maintained by  the
GSDC of America.  Any discussion about the minutes of a board  meeting or
items in the board o gram, really should not be here.   They are private to
the "membership of the GSDC of America" and should  rightfully be addressed
to the board members or the attendees of that  board meeting.  NO, this list
is not the place to ask questions of  the board members.  If you have
issues, they should be taken up with  the board in private.

Mary

Respectfully Mary, I think you are entitled to your opinion, and I to  mine.

While I do believe your point has merit, it is also true that we can reach
more members thru this list than thru private phone calls, which, by the way, I
 do take the time to make.
I don't believe I have made any News Breaks, these are all items that have
been discussed in the past.

It is become the new thing to say everything on the list is negative.   But
it isn't.  An open discussion to improve the club situation can't be a
negative thing, even if it impacts some people negatively.  But our club's
purpose
is not to benefit a few.

Maybe you feel this is detrimental to the Club.  I disagree.  I  believe
members, and non members alike, can see democracy at it best.  A  good
argument,
done in a civilized way, goes a long way to create good  will.  Do I want to
belong to a hush-hush club, or do I want to belong to a  club that listens to
its members concerns?

The last one if for me.

Ileana
Chance favors the prepared  mind