[ SHOWGSD-L ] Melissa's posts

  • From: "David Fritsche" <dfritsche@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 14:21:14 -0700

> That should have been "seriously".  Why do we have to police the
> grammar
> every day.  Those of yo whu cant spell and use propur punkuation,
> need to go
> back to skool or find a new way to kuminicate.
> Knot that there is anything wrong with that!
> Evan

       Changes to the English Language
          - submitted by Ken Smiths
       ===============================
 The European Commission has just announced
 an agreement whereby English will be the
 official language of the European Union
 rather than German, which was the other
 possibility.  As part of the negotiations,
 Her Majesty's Government conceded that
 English spelling had some room for
 improvement and has accepted a 5-year
 phase-in plan that would be known as "Euro-
 English".

 In the first year, 's' will replace the
 soft 'c'.  Sertainly,this will make the
 sivil servants jump with joy.  The hard
 'c' will be dropped in favor of the 'k'.
 This should klear up konfusion and
 keyboards kan have one less letter.

 There will be growing publik enthusiasm in
 the sekond year when the troublesome 'ph'
 will be replased with the 'f'.  This will
 make words like 'fotograf' 20% shorter!

 In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the
 new spelling kan be expected to reach the
 stage where more komplikated changes are
 possible. Governments will enkorage the
 removal of double leters which have always
 ben a deterent to akurate speling.  Also,
 al wil agre that the horible mes of the
 silent 'e' in the languag is disgrasful
 and it should go away.

 By the 4th year, peopl wil be reseptiv to
 steps such as replasing 'th' with 'z' and
 'w' wiz 'v'.  During ze fifz year ze
 unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vords
 kontaining 'ou' and similar changes vud of
 kurs be aplid to ozer kombinations of
 leters.  After ze fifz yer ve vil hav a
 rali sensibl ritn styl.  Zer vil be no mor
 trubl or difikultis and evriun vil find it
 ezi tu undrstand ech ozer.

 Zen Z Drem Vil Finali Kum Tru!!

: