[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Megaesphagus....NOT hereditary?

  • From: Amy Greenhut <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 23:18:38 +0000 (UTC)

Mega can be inherited and it can also be congenital meaning that something was
just not right when the puppy was developing. I just put an eight week old
puppy down because of it from my most recent litter....not fun. If you grow up
a puppy with mega it should be fixed and never used for breeding.
Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises &  Tortoise Rescue
Behold The Turtle,  He Makes Progress Only When He Sticks His Neck Out
A Quote By James B. Conant