[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Megaesophagus, or, Sh** Happens

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Amytortoise@xxxxxxx, psharp212@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 16:12:03 -0800

to be fair to the vet.. just because he came to this recommendation doesn't
mean he is a bad vet.. it might mean he has seen so much heartache, and so
much suffering that his experience has been to simply put the puppy to
sleep.. I have to say - that would have been my recommendation.. why??
because when you see a puppy this young this bad there is a LOT wrong with
it - unless of course, you like to spend a lot of money trying to figure it
out and end up losing the puppy after all..
Why do I say this?? been there, done that with a vet that refused to put a
puppy I had at this age to sleep.. I sat every night trying to feed this
little guy - both of us crying because it hurt so much for him to eat (he
was 6 weeks old) - 1 week.. 1 week of hell and torture..
Nope.. I am on your vet's side.. With no disrespect meant, I can't fathom
dumping a vet you have trusted for 20 years over this.., <sigh>
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com