[ SHOWGSD-L ] Megaesophagus and Medication Relation

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 20:28:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

Today I was thinking about what Terry as well as other friends had said about
exposure, and its possible relation to Mega, and the xrays which showed several
of my pups esophagus not working properly, and being diagnosed with
megaesophagus.  It hit me today my girl had been on Doxi up until the day
before she was bred and now think this maybe this s related since  my little
boy seems so strong and has no issues where his older littermates seemed to be
having issues, (He also did not open his eyes till day 17 so I know he was/is
very young compared to his littermates) .  Today I looked it up and found
increased risk for cleft pallet (and I also did have a cleft pallet in this
litter too which I have never had before either). retardation of skeletal
development, alter growth, and is known to  cause Esophagreal atresia which is
when the esophagus does not devlop properly and other defects in animal and
human studies where Doxi was administed during
 conception and/or first trimester of pregnancy

I don;t know if this is related to what happend with my girl and her pups, it
could be genetics, a bad mix, or maybe the meds without me realizing it at the
time.  It was/is definately very scary, and heartbreaking to say the least, and
I just pray I will never see this ever again.
  http://www.1800petmeds.com/Doxycycline-prod10340.html

http://www.toxbase.org/upload/Pregnancy%20pdfs/Doxycycline%202008.pdf

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/print/lexicomp/doxycycline.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?qÊche:YgaCKLBt60EJ:www.drugs.com/pro/doxycycline.html+Doxycycline+pregnant+dog+breed&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid?38

Ann Marie
www.amarigsd.com
Home of
Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC ROM OFA
Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC TC OFA
Amari's Elizabeth Taylor (Major pointed/Best in Show Bred-By winner)
Breeder/Owner of
R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek OFA (Multiple Group Placer)
Amari's Blissfull Jazz CGC TDI (Major pointed)
Amari's Cinderella von Hornberger (Ch pointed)
Amari's Chances Are (Ch pointed)
Amari's Ella Enchanted (Ch pointed @ 7 months/Major Reserve @ 11 months)