[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Megaesophagus

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 03:48:35 GMT

Polymyositis is what killed my happy-go-lucky boy, Yukon.   One of the side
effects that he developed was the aquired adult MegaE which resulted in bout
after bout of aspiration pneumonia.
He was a big boy - 30" at the shoulder and his muscles were wasting away,
resulting in problems walking without my help, difficulty standing without
help, and he kept getting weaker and weaker from the pneumonia, so I had to
have him put down.  He was only 10-1/2 when he died.

I don''t know if it's changed, but back in the late 90's polymyositis was
extremely difficult to diagnose.  He had test after test after test eliminating
multitudes of problems including MG.  Finally my vet contacted a vet at the
University of California, Davis who diagnosed him as having polymyositis.
Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/arycrest - Link to The Hooligans Albums