[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mega Esphogus

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:11:01 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/2006 1:58:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx writes:
I bred a  bitch that produced Mega to a German dog. 11 pups, no mega.  No
mega
in the grandkids. Grandkids bred, no mega. Go to the German lines.   Syd

SYD  MAILBERG

Sorry Syd, you can't make that generalization.   On her  mother's side, my
Becky's family tree (all German) produces it.  Her  grandmother, mother, litter
sister, nephew.

I bred Becky 1x, big litter, no mega, but I researched the line I went  to.
Her son has had 5 litters, no mega.  (Two with bitches BTW that had a
history of producing it themselves.)  That doesn't mean it won't ever show  up,
however.  With those limited #s, I consider it antidotal.

In my experience, mega doesn't discriminate which side of  the pond it  shows
up on.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled Champions live here!
visit  _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_