[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Meet the Breed at the regional shows?

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: vande001@xxxxxxxxx, "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:18:01 -0800

The very reason you told us about is why I think it would work at the smaller
regional specialties.   Don't make a huge production out of it (same that for
great booth that Sheryl set up at Eukanuba :-), but a banner ($100) a couple of
poles, literature (rocks for the papers) a table, a couple of chairs and shade.
The person designated could walk over to somebody and say they needed to take a
break and the relief is within glaring distance:-)
Who would be willing to get this started...pitch the idea?  (NO!  I'm so over
my head in what I do that anymore and I definitely would drown!)

Stormy

On Jan 5, 2009, at 11:30:56 AM, "Cynthia VanDenBerge" <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Meet the breed booths are a good way to promote our breed and do qualify under
the AKC qualifications for continuing to hold shows.  I am not sure if regional
shows are the way to go and think that all breed shows work better...a bigger
draw.