[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Meet the Breed at the regional shows?

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, vande001@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:14:32 -0800

I even noticed while in Colorado a  lot of people wandering around while a
specialty show was going on.
ANYWAY, somebody could step up and push the idea, maybe a pronouncement from
the board?  Just have the PC really encourage it?  Seems as if it would be
doing the education thing AND truly do some education.

Stormy

On Jan 5, 2009, at 2:34:56 PM, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx wrote:
vande001@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I don't know, I think that doing it at a specialty show is easier, but is
> it really necessary?

perhaps it's our weather or lifestyle or whatever out here, but the parks
where our shows are held are generally well used by the public. many times, a
number of people will go to the stewards to get info and the stewards are
simply
too busy. if these folks, who are just out at the park on a nice day,
actually saw a sign that said, "meet the breed", they would have someone's full
attention; someone who could offer explanations, information and answer
questions.
it doesn't COST anything and, if it reaches one family, it certainly seems
worth it.
jmo, diane