[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mediocre

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:49:57 -0500

David..I will recap what I wrote Barbara G. This sport is as much about
people as it is about dogs. However..you me..ALL of us who say we love this
breed should be unhappy when we see mediocrity winning. A friend of my just
told me about an article in the Equine Journal that addresses this same
subject. So it is not limited to just dogs or our breed.I have finished
dogs that were "good" but never a dog that was mediocre. You cite an
example of a dog that has 19 minor points. when you clap for this dog will
it be because he is worthy  or because he finally finished? I have the 6
show rule..If I can't go out an win with a dog that is ready( meaning in
good condition and mature) in 6 specialty shows under 6 good judges..then I
place him in a pet home. If he is good but not great, I place him with
someone who might be interested in an all-breed dog. Even the dogs I show I
have shown and finished at all-breeds were "good." C.Grainger