[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mediocre

  • From: Gail Caldwell <angelrungsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:26:32 -0700 (PDT)

I told myself that I wasn't going to get into this
discussion, but I couldn't help myself. I aree with a
lot of what has been said. I do agree that some
champions are more deserving than other. But I also
think that mediocrity is somewhat in the eyes of the
beholder. Baring any faults or undesirable traits,
what wins on any particlar day may be mediocre to you
and  worthy of becoming a Champion to me. Do I think
that there are Gsds competing that I would not give
Ch. points to? Of course I do. Do I think there are
points awarded on any given day at any given show to
animals  that I do not think deserving of the points
that day. Of course I do. But there are others in the
fancy who will disagree with my OPINION. I know there
are some in the fancy who think the animals produced
by other known breeders are mediocre. I absolutely
know there are those in the fancy who think my
Champions are mediocre. But I also know there are
those who think them deserving of their wins. Come on
people! I know when you are talking about mediocre,
you are not talking about animals with sqare bodies,
no angles and no sidgate. Does this mean that only
"stars"  should become champions? And who decides what
a "star" is? To those of you(us) who have "mediocre"
Champions in the eyes of some, I do salute you! And to
all of us, lets remember to encourage, not dicourage.
If you see someone at a show with what you believe to
be a mediocre dog or bitch, just remember they LOVE
their animal. Do not hurt their feeling bu being cruel
or unfeeling. Point out what you think could be
improved upon. Point out an animal you believe to be
of superior quality and try to explain the differences
between that dog and theirs. Neither they or their
dogs should be treated as pariahs. They did have the
foresight to get a GSD and their dog is still a member
of the BEST breed on earth.
Gail Caldwell

Gail Caldwell
Angelrun German Shepherds