[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: McDonald's

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 06:59:57 GMT

Please look up these types of SPAM e-mails (Chain Letter) on Snopes before
sending them off and possibly causing damage to innocent people.  I really
don't see what this has to do with showing German Shepherd Dogs, either.
This post is absolutely NOT true; it is a malicious attack on an American
company.  Heavens knows our domestic corporations don't need this kind of bad
press in today's economic environment!!
In actuality, the small amount of beef imported by McDonald's comes only from
Australia and New Zealand, who have much higher standards than we do!!
American ranchers do NOT raise the highest quality beef in the world!!  How
arrogant a statement was that???
Please don't stop patronizing McDonald's; they are one of the American
companies still paying dividends and not requiring a Federal bail-out!!

Paula, 243 days and counting

From: "Anja Heibloem-Stroud" <Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx>
Subject: McDonald's
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:43:20 -0800

THIS IS A GOOD MAN WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS AND EVEN SIGN HIS NAME AND
CONTACT, SO PLEASE READ:

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the
issues here. But to those of us whose living depends on the cattle market,
selling Cattle, raising the best beef possible... This is frustrating.

The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association
American cattle producers are very passionate about this.

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their
restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking to
save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the USA
are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we are not
good enough to provide beef. We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's,
which I am sure does not impact them, but if we pass this around maybe there
will be an impact felt.

All Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper
stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow. South
Americans are not required to do this as of yet. McDonald's has announced that
they are going to start importing much of their beef from South America . The
problem is that South Americans aren't under the same regulations as American
beef producers, and the regulations they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned here
at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use various
hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public needs to be
aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at risk now by
eating at good old McDonald's.

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is what
Americans deserve to eat. Not beef from countries where quality is loosely
controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of McDonald's until they see
the light.

I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it comes
to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ...and those 300 send it to at least ten more
(300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
level of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting
together we can make a big difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass
this message on.

David W. Forrest, Ph.D ., PAS, Dipl.
ACAP Department of Animal Science
Texas A&M University
Phone (979) 845-3560
Fax (979) 862-3399
2471 TAMU College Station , TX 77843-2471

Anja Heibloem-Stroud
  www.pet-net.net/hausmekon/<http://www.pet-net.net/hausmekon/>