[ SHOWGSD-L ] Master Marketer and Advertiser

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:10:55 -0500

Master Marketer:   Just suppose our newest member was a fly on the
wall?  What fun he'd be having right about now.  Members turning against
other members, members threatening to leave the club by not renewing
their memberships.  My what power we have given him!  Some say, they
don't have anything against the man, just what he does for a living.
Then some say, they don't know him.  He might be a nice man. He might
even be a kind man.   How may I ask you can you separate what he does
for a living and who he is as a man???  He shows me what kind of man he
is by how he makes his living!!!  How could we even consider that he can
be a nice man trafficking in puppies?  And is he a kind man because he
has a incinerator on his property?  He CHOSE the profession he is in!
Kind?   Nice??  I think not!  No one who does what he does for a living
is kind or nice!  PLEASE!!!  I can assure you he doesn't care if we like
him or not.  I think he's used to controversy.  And to know that he's
stirred up all this friction from one of the largest and most respected
breed clubs........well how delicious!  From what I've gathered by
reading all the many e-mails, this man has a lot of charisma.  Some of
the most wicked people that I know have a lot of charisma also.  They
suck you in pretending they're sweet and they care about you, and then
get too close and BAM, they'll sting you like a scorpion.  Some of the
most horrific and wicked people in history had a lot of charisma also.
That's why they were so successful at what they did.   They suckered
people in to believing them!!!  They're at the top of their game when
they cast their spell of manipulation on an unsuspecting public.  Quit
MY club?...........hell no.  I was here first.  I hate that my country
is at war also, but I'm not leaving the United States to go live in
another land.
Master Advertiser:  We all know that he can now put on his web site that
he is a member of the GSDCA.  How cute!  This is a proud moment in our
clubs history.  That's for sure.  Let's role play here for a
moment...........John Q. Public goes into the pet store.  "Hi how much
do you want for that cute little GS puppy?"  The sales clerk answers him
saying that he's $2,000.  Johnny boy says, "What?  $2,000?  Are you
crazy?  That's a heck of a lot of money!  What makes this puppy so
special anyway?  She'll give him the usual sales pitch about he's had
all his shots, and has a health certificate.  Look at how fluffy his
coat is.  Just look at that bone, etc.,etc., etc.  "Gee, I don't know",
Johnny boy says.  "Oh yeah, and our puppies have got the stamp of
approval by the GSDCA.  They're one of the most respected dog clubs in
America, you know"...................and yada, yada, yada!!!!  And if
she's a good sales person, she closes the deal.  Then John Q. Public
brags to his friends and family about the puppy that he just bought at
that pet store and our Master Advertiser has got what he set out to do.
Word of month is the best advertising!!!  Now in John Q. Public's eye,
the GSDCA has now embraced this man as one of their own.  And if he's
good enough for us, well then he's good enough for John Q. Public as
well!  Puppy mills are no longer looked down on........hey, the GSDCA
just voted in the biggest distributor of puppy mills puppies!  Seems
plain enough to me!   Joined our club because he has a love and the
betterment of our breed at heart?  Sounds more like to me that he joined
our club because he has a love and a interest in bettering his company
and what better way than to go after one of the largest and most
respected clubs in the country?  Marketing + Advertising = Sales!!!
Pretty simple arithmetic.  He knows the dog world is watching and
because he's a Master Marketer and Advertiser, he just made one of the
best deals of his career!    Always JMO, Barbara

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS