[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Massachusetts Client Looking for Dog

  • From: Mary-Anne <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:47:43 -0400

Not sure but I think Stormy was talking about the verbiage, not the price.
Adopting makes it seem as if you are adopting a child which gives the
ARISTAS more ammunition. A dog is livestock and should be bought and sold.
Yes, the price is very high for ‘rescues’ and shelters (I also take umbrage
that every dog that comes through a shelter or a ‘rescue’ is ‘rescued’ – the
term rescue has now become a catch-all to excuse very bad behaviour and
little training on the part of ‘rescued’ dog owners – I know not all but a
great majority of pet people will say I rescued this dog and he has ‘issues’
so I can’t do ‘this or that’ with him).

JMO
Mary-Anne