[ SHOWGSD-L ] Martingale collars

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 14:26:50 -0400

Happy Memorial Day everyone.  I wanted to know if anyone uses a
Martingale collar on their dogs.  I used to use the chain stainless
steel type years ago when I was showing Xanadu and I loved it.  I see on
some web-sites that you can get the nylon material type and use that to
train puppies.  Also a friend of mine told me she bought a stainless
steel type with the nylon part on the throat area at this past years
National.  I'd like some of your opinions about these collars and also
where's a good place to buy them from.  What does everyone else use when
you first start leash training your pups?  I want to start leash
training my puppies in a few weeks and I didn't want to do it with a
choke.  They are just 7 weeks old yesterday.  Thanks,  Barbara

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS