[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Marhaven

  • From: SegerWind@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, vicki.roye@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 19:09:25 -0500 (EST)

Wow I just read this and really what a slight at least slam on new  people
in this breed? Then all of you major breeders and owners wonder why you
cannot "build" or "find" majors? Wow did this sign hit you in the face yet?
Welcome and support them, teach them and support them. Not all people can sit
home research every pedigree on earth...I challenge anyone to do that :)

I have been around this "game" for a long time and yes I said "game" that
all showing is now in my humble opinion:) Some and I will not mention names
have  elevated "showing" our breed to that of Thorough Breed Horses" as in
only the  Rich NEED apply.
At this point in time you could not pay me enough to campaign a GSD right
now...
Steven
PS Some breeders expect to get 5k to 10K for a dog, really I can buy and
ride a quality Horse in TX for that $$

In a message dated 2/1/2012 6:52:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
But, as  you point out Vicki, and as anyone who reads the Review or follows

what dogs accomplish, Carolyn DOES test her dogs and they have the
alphabet
soup  before and after their names to prove it.

If  "newbies" (and that's in quotes because some newbies never get out of
the newbie category), aren't studying the breed....how on earth can they
opine  much less criticize???

And to newbies who want their  opinion considered...show me what you've
done
first.  I love to  learn.  I learn every day.  But, I have to tell  you, I
pick who I learn from and I learn from those who have accomplishments  I
admire.

Just sayin'.

Now I wouldn't  necessarily neuter newbies like Kathy M.   <G>.  Hon you
are
never going to live this one down!

Kathy, member GSDCA,  DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd  Champions

visit _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/_  (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)

In a message dated  2/1/2012 4:48:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vicki.roye@xxxxxxxxx  writes:

However,  Jackie does have a point in that we cannot  assume that a dog
will
be able to  work and perform. We need to test  them in training and work to
know   that.

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.